PLTC CHRISTMAS PARTY
What a fantastic time members had at PLTC on Friday night for the mid year Christmas Party. Delicious food, a bubbles, wonderful conversations and memories. A particular thanks has to go to Feleti, our wonderful manager, who certainly was dressed for the part, Philippa Dennis, Greg Snow and Liz Bell for all the food preparation and clearing up. It is great to have good cheer especially right now with all the dampness and cold.
TENNIS AUCKLAND'S GALA DINNER
A reminder that the Gala Dinner hosted by Tennis Auckland to celebrate the centenary of the Stanley Street Tennis Centre will be held on Saturday 12 August at Cordis Hotel, Auckland.
WEDNESDAY CLUB NIGHTS - 5.45pm for 6pm
Despite some of the weather we have had a really good turn out over recent weeks for our club night where everyone has the opportunity to get some drill type sessions and then a chance to play some doubles followed by a beverage and piece of Sal's pizza. The weather this coming Wednesday is looking ‘ok’ but keep an eye on our ap alert to confirm we will be playing.
OTHER DIARY NOTES
- Thursday August 17- Business House commences. This is going to be great fun and has been on our calendar for many years. Let Feleti know if you are keen to sponsor a team and that you are ready to play either every week or as a reserve.
- Friday August 18 -Club Service Awards evening. This is going to be another special evening where we recognise some of the time and work our members put into the Club on a volunteer basis.
- Friday October 13 - Black Friday tournament. This is always a great tournament and we are sure our amazing ex-President, Doug Anderson, will be in town to fire up the BBQ.
- Friday November 10 - Pro Am tournament (tbc).
- Sunday November 26 - Battle of the Bridge - Northcote Club (tbc).
A reminder to let Feleti know, if you have not already, whether you are keen to play summer interclub. It's only a month away before the season starts.
SATURDAY BOOT CAMP 9 to 10.30am
Please register with Juan if you wish to take part by phone or on this link here.
WATCHING THE BALL!!
One of the things it is so easy to forget in tennis is summed up in three words - Watch The Ball. How often do we forget to do this? Here is a review from one of the greatest players in terms of keeping your eye on the ball and your head in position. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOA1XOIeBnI
If you are keen to join, please text Goran on 0211677460 or email email@example.com
From the Committee